Click Here for Complete Information – Due February 15th
Purpose of Scholarship: In accordance with National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association’s (NIAAA) purpose to promote, facilitate and increase the knowledge and understanding of the vital role of interscholastic athletics in the educational system, this scholarship program will foster and recognize the partnership between the NIAAA and secondary education. The scholarships will recognize the distinguished scholastic, leadership and citizenship attributes of high school student-athletes, and the importance of high school student athletes and the importance of high school athletics in each student’s life.
Essay Topic: “How High School Athletics has Impacted my Life”
- Applicant must be a Senior
- Applicant must have achieved at least two (2) of the following:
(a) minimum of B+ average;
(b) ranked in the top 25% of class;
(c) ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1100
- Applicant must have participated in two sports for at least two years in each sport
- Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of two sports
- Applicant must complete attached scholar/essay application
- Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director
- School athletic director must be an NIAAA member and a member of their respective state athletic administrators association
- The principal or athletic director must sign the application to ensure that the academic information submitted is accurate
- All hard copy materials must be postmarked or electronic materials sent to the NIAAA Liaison in your respective state (see below) no later than February 15th of the current year.
Scholarship Awards State Winners – one male and one female will each receive a $500 scholarship and a certificate recognizing them as state winners
NIAAA Section Winners – one male and one female will each receive a $1,500 scholarship and a plaque recognizing them as section winners
National Winners – one male and one female will each receive a $2,500 scholarship and a glass etching recognizing them as national winners in addition to attending the National Conference for Athletic Administrators in December to present their essay.
Completed applications can be mailed or submitted electronically to the following:
Edmond Public Schools
1001 W. Danforth
Edmond, OK 73003